by Connect Your Home Team
Posted on May 3, 2016
How to Program the DISH Remote to Control Your TV
Performing a power scan allows the remote to attempt to find the correct code for your television.
- While at the TV locations (TV1 or TV2 depending on which key is installed), point the remote at the TV. Press and hold the TV MODE button on the remote until all four MODE buttons at the top of the remote light up.
- Press the RECEIVER POWER button on the remote.
- Press the UP ARROW on the remote, about one press every two seconds. Stop as soon as the TV turns off. This process may take several minutes.
- Press POUND (#) on the remote. The TV MODE button will flash three times.
- Press TV POWER on the remote to turn on the TV. Press VOLUME on the remote to confirm the remote controls the TV. If this does not work, return to Step 1.
for more information about setting up your remote.