It’s that time of year again – when Spring Breakers are headed to resorts and warmer weather for a break from stress and winter weather.
Don’t let leaving your home unattended cause you to stress on your vacation! Follow these tips to help prevent burglary while you’re away.
- Motion activated lights – Installing motion activated lights is a good way to help deter potential burglars as the sudden burst of light as they approach your home increases their chances of being seen.
- Man’s best friend – Although you probably aren’t leaving your pet home while you’re on vacation, having a pet that makes loud noise such as a bark helps scare off burglars. Animals have better hearing and sense of smell which allows them to become aware of potential threats from a greater distance. The noise will once again increase the chance of the burglar being caught and help deter them from targeting your home.
- Curtains and locks on windows – Keeping your curtains closed and windows locked may slow down someone who is attempting to break into your house. It also avoids giving outsiders a clear view of your home and possessions.
- Multiple strong locks on all entrances – It may seem like common sense, but people often forget to reinforce back/side doors and doors that lead into their garage. You should treat all doors, no matter where the entrance is, as if it is your front door.
- Set Home Security Alarms – Home security alarms with door and window-break sensors will not only set off an alarm that may scare the burglar off, but it also notifies authorities of the intrusion. So even if you’re not home, authorities will be dispatched to your residence to check out what set off the alarm. Most home security alarms also come with fire detectors which is another feature that will put your mind at ease.
Get an ADT monitored Security System for FREE*! Call today!
Probably the most well-known home security system is the ADT monitored home security system which gives you total control of your home from any device with ADT Pulse®. ADT Pulse is also featured in the 2014 HGTV Smart Home by showcasing the latest advances in home automation, monitored security, energy efficiency and smart home design in the 2014 HGTV Smart Home Giveaway (Security Systems News).
*$99 Customer Installation Charge. 36-Month Monitoring Agreement required at $36.99 per month (1,331.64), 24-Month Monitoring Agreement required at $36.99 ($887.76) for California, including Quality Service Plan (QSP). Form of payment must be by credit card of electronic charge to your checking or savings account. Offer applies to homeowners only. Local permit fees may be required. Satisfactory credit history required. Certain restrictions may apply. Offer valid for new ADT Authorized Premier Provider customers only and not on purchases from ADT LLC. Other rate plans available. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services, which help you manage your home environment and family lifestyle, requires the purchase and/or activation of an ADT alarm system with monitored burglary service and a compatible computer, cell phone or PDA with Internet and email access. These ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services do not cover the operation or maintenance of any household equipment/systems that are connected to the ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services/Equipment. All ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services are not available with the various levels of ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services. All ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services may not be available in all geographic areas. You may be required to pay additional charges to purchase equipment required to utilize the ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services features you desire.
ADT Pulse Remote installation starts at $199. ADT Pulse Video installation starts at $399. ADT Pulse Home Control with Video installation starts at $499. Burglary, Fire, Carbon Monoxide and Medical Alert monitoring requires purchase and/or activation of an ADT security system with monitored Burglary, Fire, Carbon Monoxide and Medical Alert devices. Fire, Carbon Monoxide and Medical Alert services are an additional charge. Quality Service Plan (QSP) is ADT’s Extended Limited Warranty. 36‐month monitoring contract required from ADT Pulse Remote: $52.99 per month, ($1,871.64), ADT Pulse Video: $58.99 per month, ($2,123.64), ADT Pulse Home Control with Video: $59.99 per month, ($2,159.64), including Quality Service Plan (QSP). Additional charges may apply in areas that require guard response service for municipal alarm verification. Prices subject to change. Prices may vary by market. Some insurance companies offer discounts on Homeowner’s Insurance. Please consult your insurance company. Local permit fees may be required. Satisfactory credit history required. Additional monitoring fees required for some services. Photos are for illustrative purposes only and may not reflect the exact product/service actually provided.
Licenses: AL-15-1104, AK-35221, AZ-ROC217517, AR-2008-0014, CA-ACO6320, CT-ELC.0193944-L5, DE-07-212, FL-EC13003427, DC-602513000006, GA-LVA205395, HI-CT30946, ID-ELE-SC-39312, IL-127.001042, IN-City of Indianapolis: LAC-000156, IA-AC-0036, KY-City of Louisville: 483, LA-F1082, LA-F1914, LA-F1915, ME-LM50017382, MD-107-1626, MA-1355C, MI-3601205773, MN-TS01807, MS-15007958, MO-City of St. Louis: CC354, St. Louis County: 89767, MT-247, NE-14451, NV-68518, City of Las Vegas: 3000002944, NJ-34BF00021800, NM-353366, NY-Licensed by the N.Y.S. Dept. of State UID#12000286189, #12000286451, NC-1622-CSA, OH-53891446, City of Cincinnati: AC86, OK-1048, OR-170997, Pennsylvania Home Improvement Contractor Registration Number: PA22999, RI-3582, SC-BAC5630, SD-1025-7001-ET, TN-C1520, TX-B13734, ACR-3492, UT-6422596-6501, VT-ES-2382, VA-115120, WA-602588694/PROTEYH934RS, WV-042433, WI-City of Milwaukee: PAS-0002640, WY-LV-G-21499