How does solar power work?
The solar energy process begins when you install solar panels on your home or business. These solar panels are bombarded with sunlight, and they convert that sunlight into direct current (DC) electricity. The DC electricity is transferred from the panels to an inverter that converts it to alternating current (AC) power. The power then enters your net meter, which distributes energy to the appliances in your home or business.
How does solar power help the environment?
Using solar energy benefits the environment in several ways, including:
- Reducing the damage we do to the earth during the harmful process of extracting fossil fuels.
- Cutting down on the amount of fossil fuels we burn, thereby reducing greenhouse gases and pollution generated during the burning process.
- Contributing less noise to the environment because power systems generally are quiet.
What are some benefits of having solar energy installed at my home?
You can feel good about installing solar panels on your home or business for several reasons:
- Your monthly energy bills will be lower so you can have more money to save or spend on things you enjoy.
- In many cases, installing a solar energy system can increase your home’s value. It’s just another reason to consider it a good investment for your future.
- You are doing your part to help the environment by using clean, renewable energy instead of harmful fossil fuels.
What should I know about solar power before I purchase a system?
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) created a helpful “Residential Consumer Guide to Solar Power
”, which explains everything you should know as you shop for the right solar power system for your home.
Where can I find out about state incentives for renewable energy?
A great resource for learning about your state’s incentives for renewable energy is the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency (DSIRE).
How do I know if my home is a good fit for a solar power system?
Some homes are not built to support solar energy systems, and some homes are not located in areas where they can generate sufficient solar energy. But the only way to know for sure is to consult with a solar energy provider who can evaluate your home’s solar capabilities.
How can Connect Your Home© help me find affordable solar energy?
Connect Your Power will connect you with a trusted provider who can accurately design the right system for your home, install solar panels in a timely manner and ensure that the system will perform optimally for years to come. Contact us today and let a solar energy expert give you a FREE quote!