- Free Hopper and Joey
- Free Blockbuster @ Home
- Free HBO, Cinemax, Showtime & Starz
- Free HD Receivers - up to 3
Connect Your Home $1000 Scholarship — CLOSED
Congratulations to Brendan Gutenschwager for being selected as the recipient of Connect Your Homes’ 2013 scholarship award!
Read his winning essay here.
Thank you to all students who participated in this year’s scholarship. Be sure to bookmark our scholarship page and check back with us again for our next scholarship opportunity!
UPDATE: The Connect Your Home $1000 Scholarship for 2013 has ended. Good luck to all who participated!
School is back in session and Connect Your Home wants to help one lucky student with his or her academic adventures in higher education by charitably offering to pay $1000 worth of college expenses. We know the cost of attendance is often frightening. We’ve been there and we know the journey, wherever you decide to go, isn’t going to be cheap one. Our goal with the scholarship is to help one student enjoy the rich and rewarding experience that college affords with our contribution.
Connect Your Home is excited to announce its first scholarship to be awarded to one exemplary student and his or her equally exceptional essay. All essay entries will be graded based on the execution of ideas, argument, and correct use of grammar by members of our Connect Your Home staff.
Good to luck to all participants!
Please read rules and submission details below carefully before entering.
How to Enter:
Write an essay addressing one (1) of the four topics below:
- What changes do you think might occur with TV programming 5 years from now? If you had control of the television programming, what changes, if any, would you make?
- Cyber bullying is a real problem in today’s generation – How can you put a stop to this?
- The internet has changed the way we shop forever. What changes do you see in the next 10 years?
- Internet privacy is a big topic. What are your thoughts on internet privacy and how can you help solve the problem?
- A minimum of 500 words
- Open only to college-bound graduating high school seniors and undergraduate students currently enrolled in college in the U.S.
- One (1) entry per student. Multiple entries will result in disqualification.
- Essays plagiarized or off-topic will result in disqualification.
Submission deadline is Friday, May 3rd, 2013, before 5:00 p.m. PST (8:00 p.m. EST).
Email your essays to email@example.com attached as a Microsoft Word document for PC users or as a .doc file for Mac users. Please name your document file with your first and last name. For example, firstname_lastname.doc.
In the email, include your:
Street Address and Zip Code
High School Name, City and State
College you’re attending as an undergraduate, plan to attend, or have applied for
The recipient of the scholarship will be chosen and notified by email by the end of July 2013 and announced on this page.
*Scholarship Contest Rules and Disclaimers: Employees of Connect Your Home and their immediate families are ineligible. By submitting your essay, you agree that Connect Your Home may use your essay in whole or in part for promotional purposes. No purchase necessary to enter. Only one essay entry per student permitted. Personal information provided by all entrants, such as name, address, phone and email address will not be sold or shared with any third party. This information will remain confidential and used only to verify and contact the winner. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, and cannot be exchanged for other prizes. These rules are subject to change at any time by Connect Your Home.