- Free Hopper and Joey
- Free Blockbuster @ Home
- Free HBO, Cinemax, Showtime & Starz
- Free HD Receivers - up to 3
How to Connect Your DVR to the Internet
Set Up Broadband
We encourage you to always connect your receiver to your broadband service in order to:
- Keep critical receiver data current
- Access thousands of online titles
- Order pay-per-view using your remote control.
There are several ways to connect to broadband service:
- With an Ethernet Cable
- With a Power Line Broadband Connector
Use if your receiver is not close to your modem/router and you do not have a wireless router. The Power Line Broadband Connector allows multiple receivers to connect to your broadband service through the power cord and the electrical wiring in your home. Visit dish.com/myorders to purchase a Power Line Broadband Connector.
- With a Wifi Broadband Connector
Use if your receiver is not close to your modem/router and you have a wireless router and a model 222k, 612, 622, 722, or 722k receiver (check the model name of on the front of your receiver or go to dish.com/myequipment). The Wifi Broadband Connector allows one receiver to connect to your broadband service using your wireless network. Visit dish.com/myorders to purchase a Wifi Broadband Connector.
With An Ethernet Cable:
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the receiver to your modem/router.
- Go to the Test Your Connection section to verify that your receiver is connected.
With A Power Line Broadband Connector:
- Find power outlet nearest to your modem/router and plug in the Power Line Broadband Connector (do not plug into a surge protector or a power strip).
- Connect an Ethernet cable from your modem/router to your Power Line Broadband Connector.
- Unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet for 10 seconds and then plug back in. It will take no more than 5 minutes for the receiver to power back on.
- Go to the Test Your Connection section below to verify that your receiver is connected.
With A Wifi Broadband Connector:
- Connect the Wifi Broadband Connector to your ViP 222k, 612, 622, 722, 722k or 922 receiver’s USB port using the provided extension cable.
- Select “Setup” on the pop-up that appears on your TV screen.
- Choose your wireless network from the list and select “Done”.
- Enter your password (WEP or WAP encryption key) for your wireless network and select “Done”. This will initiate a test. If you do not know your password, you can get it from the person who set up your wireless network or you can contact your internet service provider.
- When the test is finished, select “Done”.
- Verify that the wireless signal reading on the screen is above 40. If it is not, try to move the dock to achieve a stronger signal. Select “Done” when finished.
- Go to the Test Your Connection to verify that your receiver is connected.
Test Your Connection:
- Press MENU on your DISH Network remote. Select “System Setup” and then “Diagnostics”.
- Select “Connection” to start the test.
- If the result says, “Broadband Connection OK”, you are done. Press VIEW LIVE TV on your remote to return to programming.
- If the result says, “Failure”, click here for more troubleshooting options.